A frame gantry crane is a common type of gantry crane system used for both indoor and outdoor applications. It is designed with a range of capacities and sizes to meet varied needs of customers. A frame crane can be a significant investment since it is a reliable and versatile material handling equipment to help you improve efficiency and production for your business. The crane can be configured in single girder or double girder design. In addition, a mobile type is available for excellent flexibility and maneuverability.
Types of A Frame Gantry Cranes
- Single girder crane
With only one girder, the crane requires simpler hoist design, faster installation and easier maintenance. It is commonly used for light duty or moderate applications. It is also very popular for indoor applications where it is not appropriate to install an overhead runway system. The gantry crane can eliminate the need for runway beams and support columns.
Single gider A frame gantry crane parameter:
- Load capacity: 3.2-20t
- Span: 8-35m
- Lifting height: 6-12m
- Lifting speed: 0.66-5m/min
- Trolley running speed: 2-20m/min
- Crane running speed: 3-30m/min
- Work duty: A5
- Double girder crane
If the load you need to lift and move approaches 20 tons or more, a double girder gantry crane may be a better choice. This equipment delivers higher efficiency, faster speed and greater durability for material handling process. It is ideal for heavier duty applications in rail yards, freight yards, port and shipyards.
A frame double girder crane parameters:
- Load capacity: 5-500t
- Span: 18-35m
- Lifting height: 6-18m
- Lifting speed: 1.5-11.5m/min
- Trolley running speed: 10-40.1m/min
- Crane running speed: 16-50m/min
- Work duty: A3-A7
- Mobile A frame gantry crane
The mobile gantry crane runs on castors or wheels so that it can be moved anywhere you want about a facility. This type of crane is ideal for maintenance or light fabrication work in machine shops, workstations, garages, etc.
Portable A frame gantry crane parameters:
- Load capacity: 0.5-10t
- Span: 2-16m
- Lifting height: 2-12m
- Lifting speed: 0.9-7.2m/min
- Trolley running speed: 11m/min
- Crane running speed: 6m/min or manual operation
- Work duty: A2
Applications of Gantry Crane Equipment
The gantry lifting equipment can be adapted to almost all sorts of applications indoors and outdoors, such as to lift and move a heavy load in workshops, warehouses, workstation, container yards, scrap yards and railroad terminals.
The crane can also be designed with truss structure for use in harsh weather condition, like strong wind. The truss gantry crane requires more maintenance care since there are more solder joints than other types of cranes.
A frame mobile gantry crane is typically used for light fabrication, assembly or maintenance work in workstations, warehouses and garages. It can be moved about your facility easily and freely without installing a track or rail system.
A Frame Gantry Crane Design Considerations
In order to get the right type of crane for your applications, there are a few things you need to consider in the selection of a gantry crane:
- Gantry design: what gantry will you desire, full gantry, truss gantry, semi-gantry or portable gantry system? Will the crane run on rail, track or wheels?
- Required crane specifications: what are your requirements for lifting capacity, span, lifting height, lifting speed, travelling speed, hook coverage, etc.
- Duty cycle: it is critical to select the right duty cycle or service classification, which can help ensure the equipment is strong and durable enough to handle the load and usage requirements.
- Environmental condition: will the crane be used indoors or outdoors? If the crane is operating outdoors, you should consider the type of paint system to make sure it can withstand corrosion or harsh weather conditions.
- Power requirements: what type of power delivery do you require, cable reel, diesel generator sets or bare copper slip line? If it is a portable gantry crane system, will it be operating electrically or manually?
- Other special requirements: do you need additional safety equipment for safe lifting operation, such as anti-collision device, anti-sway device and limit switches.
With our professional engineers and sales team, we can help design and specify the right gantry crane system, and also at reasonable price. We also offer a custom solution that ranges from small capacity, light duty cranes to large capacity heavy duty crane systems for your unique application.
If you are interested in gantry crane, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
Gantry Crane Options
A variety of options and accessories are provided to ensure you end up with a perfect crane system:
- Hoist and trolley design – the hoist and trolley can be mounted underneath the bridge girder, or on top of it depending on the type of crane you need. The electric hoist can be designed with different lifting media, including wire rope and chain.
- Lifting attachments – different types of lifting attachments are available to handle various loads, such as hook, grab bucket, carrier beam and spreader.
- Anti-collision device – it should be installed when multiple cranes or trolleys run on the track in order to prevent them from colliding.
- Rain cover for electrical equipment – if the crane is operating outdoors, a rain cover should be fitted to protect the electrical equipment of the crane.
- Protective cover for exposed moving parts – it is used to protect the crane user.
- Warning horns and lights – these devices are suggested to be installed to indicate the motion of the crane and the load.
- Wind-resistant device – it is ideal for cranes that are operating outdoors.
- Walkways and railings – these units enable the personnel to inspect or maintain the crane safely.
A Frame Gantry Crane for Sale From Aicrane
As a trusted material handling equipment manufacturer and supplier in China, we can offer you the most durable and dependable gantry crane for the job. Our cranes are competitively priced, and all the main components are sourced from reliable suppliers. If you would like to work with a reputable and dependable gantry crane supplier, simply contact Aicrane.
To get a free quote for your A frame gantry crane, contact us online today!